Volleyball: Kinkaid heads to Fort Bend
Jennifer Peyton will make her debut as Kinkaid's new head girls volleyball coach on Thursday, Aug. 18, at Fort Bend Christian.
Peyton, a former standout at St. Agnes and the University of Houston, takes over a program trying to return to the upper echelon of the Southwest Preparatory Conference. The Falcons have been stuck in Division II in recent years, finishing 11th in the SPC a year ago.
For Fort Bend Christian, it's a fresh start — sort of. Formerly known as Fort Bend Baptist, the school changed its name this season. The Eagles return seven starters and hope to be a playoff contender in TAPPS District 4-4A.
ABOUT THE GAME
• Matchup: Kinkaid Falcons at Fort Bend Christian Eagles
• When: 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 18
• Where: Fort Bend Christian, Sugar Land
• What's at stake: A victory in the opener would give Kinkaid a boost in confidence as the Falcons try to move up the ladder in the SPC.
• Kinkaid players to watch: MB Caroline Montgomery, OH Mia Fredricks, S Alexis Roberts.
• Fort Bend Christian players to watch: OH Ramsi Hooper, OH Maddie Richards, S Alex Disendorfer.
• Kinkaid: The Falcons rely on the 6-foot-3 Montgomery, a returning all-SPC performer. Fredricks is one of Kinkaid's top hitters, while Roberts is a four-year starter.
• Fort Bend Christian: The Eagles swept Incarnate Word 25-17, 25-10, 25-16 last week in their first contest as Hooper tallied 15 kills.
Local Advertising by PaperG